Liebster, meaning “Dearest” or “Beloved” in German, is an award for talented bloggers with less than 200 followers. I was thrilled that Cheketa at Singles on Lifelong Adventures nominated me! Thank you very much Cheketa!
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 10 questions given to you by the nominator.
- Nominate other bloggers for the award that have less than 200 followers.
- Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
1. After which trip did you have the “I Should Start a Blog” aha moment? It wasn’t after a specific trip, it was many, as a career. I was leaving my job as a flight attendant for two reasons, vertigo and to go back to work full time at a bank. I wanted to stay involved in travel and blogging seemed like a good way to document the trips I had been on and those to come.
2. What do you enjoy most about blogging? I enjoy “meeting” other travelers, whether full time bloggers or people passionate about travel.
3. There are some nuisances that only bloggers can relate to. What annoys you the most about blogging? My biggest nuisance is myself not knowing that much about html, SEO, etc. It’s been a learning process.
4. If you could purchase a summer home in another country, where would it be? Austria. I loved the smaller towns in Austria and it was beautiful.
5. Do your family and friends support your incurable desire to travel? Yes. My husband is very supportive of me traveling with my friends and my passion for always planning future travels. My friends travel with me, so they are supportive, since they share my passion and are enjoying the trip with me!
6. What is your preferred method of travel (e.g. family, friends, solo)? Traveling with family or friends is all I have done so far. I have done small national trips by myself, but nothing international yet. I might in 2014.
7. Which passport stamp are you most proud of? Why? In my current book, Ireland. I’ve wanted to go to Ireland for so long and it was nice to finally make it there! In a previous passport, Egypt. Egypt is so unique and it was a fantastic experience to visit the pyramids that were built so long ago and the only wonder still standing of the “seven ancient wonders of the world”.
8. Have you ever traveled to a destination that you have no desire to return to? Not yet.
9. Old habits die hard. What’s the one thing you do in every destination you visit? Two things: I take a ton of pictures and I never really unpack and settle into a hotel or resort because I don’t want to leave anything behind. I’ve only really unpacked once and that was in Roatan, Honduras.
10. What are your travel plans for 2014? Las Vegas, Bryce Canyon National Park, Zion National Park, Best Friends Animal Sanctuary, Napa Valley, San Francisco, Phoenix and Portland are on the definite list. On the potential list: Florida, Nova Scotia, Paris, England, Wales and Germany.
(I sincerely apologize if you have more than 200 followers! Since I can’t see the subscribers count, I’m going off of Facebook followers.)
Here are your questions:
1. During your travels, have you done something that you weren’t proud, of or embarrassed by that you wish you could change?
2. Has someone you met on your travels impacted you in a very positive or negative way and how?
3. How old were you when you got your first passport stamp and what country was it for?
4. What is your favorite food you have enjoyed while traveling?
5. What destination could you go back to over and over again?
6. What is the most adventurous activity you have done while on a trip?
7. If you could travel with one person (present or past) who would it be and why?
8. What do you miss the most when you are “on the road”?
9. What was the coldest destination you have been to?
10. Have you ever been to a country that made you feel uneasy, if so, where?
Thanks for reading and happy travels!